It doesn’t matter if you caught it on ice or are waiting for a big spring season, you’ll need a way to cook up all the crappie you bring home. Luckily, the editors at WorldFishingNetwork.com have rounded up six delectable recipes that are sure to have you running back to the lake for more.
Potato and Crappie Chowder Recipe
This Potato and Crappie Chowder Recipe tastes great when served with a fresh salad and bread. (Photo courtesy of MissHomemade.com)
This creamy crappie chowder recipe is easy to make and delicious.
Get the Recipe: Potato and Crappie Chowder Recipe
Deep-Fried Crappie Recipe
Serve this Deep-Fried Crappie Recipe with lemon wedges and tartar sauce for dipping.
This deep-fried recipe works well with crappie, as well as any other type of fish.
- 1 pound crappie fillets
- 1 cup beer
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons oregano
- 1 ½ tablespoons homemade garlic powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons homemade onion powder
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 1 ½ teaspoons homemade cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Orange Crush soda
- Canola oil
Get the Recipe: Deep-Fried Crappie Recipe
Crappie Cocktail Recipe
With crappie already having a taste similar to crab, this crappie cocktail recipe gives it the perfect enhancement of flavor.
Simple to make and extremely healthy to eat, this tasty cocktail recipe can be made with crappie, tilapia or any other white-fleshed fish.
- 4 crappie fillets (6 to 8 ounces each), cut into finger-sized strips
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 6 to 8 ounces crab or shrimp boil
- Cocktail sauce
Get the Recipe: Crappie Cocktail Recipe
Crappie Scampi Recipe
Try this tasty Crappie Scampi Recipe with melted butter and garlic. (Photo courtesy of MissHomemade.com)
This Crappie Scampi Recipe is a freshwater twist on the traditional shrimp dish.
- 4 crappie fillets
- Fresh garlic, to taste
- Butter, melted
- Bread crumbs
Get the Recipe: Crappie Scampi Recipe
Homemade Crappie Patties Recipe
Form the patties in this recipe using a mixture of crappie, onion, celery and potatoes. (Photo courtesy of MissHomemade.com)
Serve this Homemade Crappie Patties Recipe with a homemade garlic-butter sauce.
- 3 cups cooked crappie fillets
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded or mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cracker crumbs, ground in blender
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Garlic-Butter Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons homemade unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill (optional)
Get the Recipe: Homemade Crappie Patties Recipe
Crappie Tostada Recipe
Top this crappie tostada recipe with salsa, lettuce, cheese and sour cream.
Make this south of the border inspired dish with fresh crappie fillets.
- 4 crappie fillets (6 to 8 ounces), skin removed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 8 corn tortillas, fried flat in oil and drained on paper towels (or you can buy them already fried and flat)
- 1 ½ cups black beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded Jack cheese
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 ½ cups green chile salsa
- 8 slices ripe tomato
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- ¼ cup sour cream
Get the Recipe: Crappie Tostada Recipe