Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups cooked crappie fillets
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded or mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cracker crumbs, ground in blender
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons homemade unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- Mix or grind the crappie fillets, onion, celery and potatoes together. Now add the salt, pepper and egg together. Form into patties.
- Heat butter and canola oil in a skillet on medium-high and roll the patties in the crushed cracker crumbs (say that 5 times fast).
- Fry the patties until they are golden brown on each side.
- To make the sauce, heat the garlic and butter in a saucepan on medium. Whisk in the flour until it forms a smooth paste. Gradually stir in the milk and bring to a boil. Cook for two minutes while whisking the sauce.
- Remove from heat; add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve garlic-butter sauce with crappie patties.
For more crappie recipes, visit: MissHomemade.com