July 11, 2018
ORLANDO — Some of sportfishing's best-known manufacturers were Best of Category winners at ICAST 2018, but none fared better than St. Croix Rods, which snagged three awards Wednesday night at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando.
The Wisconsin-based rod company won the Best Fly Fishing Rod, Best Freshwater Rod and Best Saltwater Rod categories — the only manufacturer to win that many.
Reel-maker Shimano, LIVETARGET lures, YETI Coolers, and apparel-maker AFTCO each won two awards.
See all the winners below.
Each of the 25 category winners are eligible for ICAST 2018's Best of Show award, which will be voted on and announced Thursday.
ICAST 2018 Best of Category Award winners
Best Boating Accessory
- Johnson Outdoors' Minn Kota Ultrex
Boats & Watercraft
- Jackson Kayak's 360 Angler
- Rivers Edge Products' Fish Sandals
- Number 6 Brands' Cauldryn Coffee
Best Lifestyle Apparel
- AFTCO's Hexatron Performance Fleece
Best Technical Apparel
- AFTCO's Hydronaut Heavy Duty Waterproof System
Best Marine Electronics
- Garmin's Panoptix LiveScope
Best Fishing Accessory
Best Fly Fishing Accessory
- YETI 's Panga Backpack 28
Best Fishing Line
- Power Pro's SuperSlick V2 Braid
Best Kids Tackle
- Anything Possible's Kids Casters DUDE PERFECT Fishing Kit
Best Tackle Management
- Tak Logic's Lure Lock Lure Locker
Best Terminal Tackle
Best Freshwater Hard Lure-
Best Saltwater Hard Lure
Best Freshwater Soft Lure
- LIVETARGET's Hollow Body Crawfish
Best Saltwater Soft Lure
- LIVETARGET's Fleeing Shrimp
Best Fly Fishing Reel
- Seigler Reels' Siegler MF Fly Reel
Best Freshwater Reel
Best Saltwater Reel
- Shimano's Tekota 500 Levelwind Reel
Best Rod and Reel Combo
- Lew's Custom Black LFS Combo
Best Fly Fishing Rod
- St. Croix Rods' Mojo Trout
Best Freshwater Rod-
- St. Croix Rods' Legend Glass
Best Saltwater Rod
Official winners' list courtesy of Fishing Tackle Retailer, sponsors of the awards.