Homemade Sweet Red Chili Sauce Recipe
Add this tasty sweet red chili sauce to any fish recipe for the perfect kick
Total time: 30 minutes
- ¼ cup white rice vinegar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha (or to taste/optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Add ¼ cup water, rice vinegar and sugar in a saucepan over medium high. When it starts to boil, add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Lower the temperature, and let simmer for 3 minutes. Add Sriracha, if using.
2. In a cup or small bowl, mix the cornstarch with the tablespoon of cold water until dissolved. Bring the chili sauce mixture to a simmer again, add the cornstarch/water and ½ teaspoon of salt.
3. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture reaches desire thickness, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
4. Store in glass container in refrigerator. Will last up to 30 days.
For more fish sauce recipes, visit MissHomemade.com.