Glazed Baby Carrots with Thyme Recipe
December 13, 2017
[caption id="attachment_92000" align="aligncenter" width="648"] Glazed Baby Carrots with Thyme Recipe (Photo Courtesy of Tom Minchella)[/caption]
If you're in search of a healthy side dish that will taste like dessert, this Glazed Baby Carrots with Thyme Recipe is for you.
These tasty baby carrots make a great side dish. Serve with Balsamic Roast Quail with Sage Chestnut Stuffing.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound baby carrots with the tops
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Remove leaves from thyme and chop coarsely.
2. Place 3 quarts of water in a large sauce pot. Wash carrots under cold water and remove any discolored stems. Slice some of the stem off. Place carrots in water and slowly bring to a simmer.
3. Prepare an ice bath by filling a bowl with cold water and ice. When the carrots are soft, remove them from the pan and place into ice bath. When carrots are cool, drain and set aside. Pat dry with a paper towel.
4. Heat a medium size sauté pan over medium heat. Add butter and sugar and stir until butter melts and becomes bubbly. Add carrots. Cook while stirring for several minutes or until the carrots are heated through. Add the thyme and salt and pepper. Serve.