Michael Lee, host of Backwoods Life on Sportsman Channel, shares this delicious and easy comfort food recipe for venison backstrap roast.
Prep time: 10 minutes + marinating
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 venison backstrap
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine olive oil and red wine vinaigrette in a zip-lock bag or large bowl. Add venison backstrap. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove marinated venison backstrap and season it with salt and pepper. Heat butter and garlic in a large skillet on the stovetop. Over a high flame, sear the meat on all sides for a few minutes per side.
- Place venison in a greased, oven-safe dish and bake for 20 minutes (cook time may vary depending on thickness of meat).
- Once it reaches your desired doneness, the venison roast is ready to slice up and serve!