The Perfect Venison Backstrap Roast Recipe
May 14, 2018
Marinated in a fine red wine sauce and roasted to perfection, this venison backstrap recipe is elegant yet simple
Michael Lee, host of Backwoods Life on Sportsman Channel, shares this delicious and easy comfort food recipe for venison backstrap roast.
Prep time: 10 minutes + marinating
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 venison backstrap
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine olive oil and red wine vinaigrette in a zip-lock bag or large bowl. Add venison backstrap. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Remove marinated venison backstrap and season it with salt and pepper. Heat butter and garlic in a large skillet on the stove top. Over a high flame, sear the meat on all sides for a few minutes per side.
4. Place venison in a greased, oven-safe dish and bake for 20 minutes (cook time may vary depending on thickness of meat).
5. Once it reaches your desired doneness, the venison roast is ready to slice up and serve!