Quick and Easy Salmon Cakes Recipe
May 17, 2018
Short for time? Try this Quick and Easy Salmon Cakes Recipe
This salmon cakes recipe couldn't be easier or more delicious!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 12 ounces cooked, flaked salmon (can use canned salmon)
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Primal Palate Seafood Seasoning
- ¼ cup minced Vidalia onion
- 3 tablespoons palm oil shortening (or your choice of fat for frying)
- Lemon wedges (for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon minced chives (for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to bake at 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine salmon, egg yolks and Seafood Seasoning.
- Add in minced onion and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Using your hands, form the salmon mixture into 2-ounce patties; place each patty on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake salmon cakes for 15 minutes. Remove cakes from oven.
- Heat palm shortening (or other fat) in a cast-iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Fry salmon cakes for about a minute on either side in the oil, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon, some minced chives and parsley.
For more recipes using Primal Palate seasonings, click here.