This salmon cakes recipe couldn't be easier or more delicious!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 12 ounces cooked, flaked salmon (can use canned salmon)
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Primal Palate Seafood Seasoning
- ¼ cup minced Vidalia onion
- 3 tablespoons palm oil shortening (or your choice of fat for frying)
- Lemon wedges (for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon minced chives (for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to bake at 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine salmon, egg yolks and Seafood Seasoning.
- Add in minced onion and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Using your hands, form the salmon mixture into 2-ounce patties; place each patty on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake salmon cakes for 15 minutes. Remove cakes from oven.
- Heat palm shortening (or other fat) in a cast-iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Fry salmon cakes for about a minute on either side in the oil, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon, some minced chives and parsley.
For more recipes using Primal Palate seasonings, click here.