Fried Channel Catfish Fingers Recipe
Buttermilk and cornmeal go hand in hand with fried fish fingers and this channel catfish recipe is no exception
For beer-battered catfish fingers, substitute the eggs with a 12-ounce bottle of your favorite beer.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound channel catfish fillets
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon homemade garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon homemade onion powder
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Peanut or canola oil, for frying
1. Heat at least 2 inches of oil in a cast-iron pan or heavy skillet to 350 degrees.
2. Whip eggs with garlic and onion powder until foamy. Mix cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper together and place on a paper plate.
3. Dip catfish fillets in the seasoned egg and dredge in the cornmeal mixture. Place on a baking sheet and repeat until fillets are coated. Let fingers sit for 15 minutes. This prevents the breading from falling off.
4. Slowly lower a few catfish fingers into the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Place on paper towels to drain.
5. Serve with Tasty Fish Dipping Sauce.
For more catfish recipes, visit MissHomemade.com.