Pheasant Breast Piccata Recipe
December 14, 2017
[caption id="attachment_92077" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Pheasant Breast Piccata Recipe
(Photo courtesy of Tom Minchella)[/caption]
Make this piccata recipe by sautéing pheasant breasts with lemon zest, capers and white wine
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 ½ pound boneless skinless pheasant breast
- â…“ cup all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, zested and sliced
- ¼ cup drained capers
- 3 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Pound pheasant breast between two pieces of plastic wrap until ½-inch thick. Place pheasant breast on a platter and season to taste with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour, shaking off the excess.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add half of the pheasant breast and cook on each side until both sides are golden brown. Remove breasts from pan, place on a platter and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the second half.
3. Add lemon slices to pan and brown on both sides, about 2 minutes. Add wine, lemon zest and capers. Reduce heat and add chicken broth.
4. Place pheasant breast halves and parsley in the sauce and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and slowly stir in butter while shaking the pan to create an emulsion. Place pheasant breast halves on a platter and ladle sauce over them. Serve.