Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds turkey, ground or finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½-1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 (7-ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon green Tabasco sauce
- 6 cups turkey/chicken stock or broth
- 3 (15-ounce) cans cannellini or white beans
- 1 cup instant or real mashed potatoes
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a large pot, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil on medium heat, 2-3 minutes.
- Add turkey and seasonings, sautéing and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except lime juice, and simmer at least 30 minutes. Remove from heat, add lime juice and serve.
- To slow cook in a Crock-Pot, sauté ingredients as directed and then add meat mixture, chilies, hot sauce, broth, beans and potatoes to Crock-Pot. Simmer on low 1-3 hours.