Wild Turkey Stuffed Peppers Recipe
These taco-inspired wild turkey stuffed peppers are a healthier alternative to tortillas or taco shells and taste just as good
Make delicious stuffed peppers using ground wild turkey with this recipe from Taylor, Mark, Terry and Matt, of Drury’s THIRTEEN and Dream Season: The Journey on Outdoor Channel.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
- ½ pound ground wild turkey
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ cup water, separated
- ½ cup chopped red bell peppers
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup Original Rotel tomatoes
- ½ cup black olives
- Half package taco seasonings
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a pan, combine wild turkey, salt, pepper, ¼ cup of water and cook until water is evaporated, breaking up ground turkey into small pieces.
3. Transfer meat to a bowl, and combine with ½ cup of diced red bell pepper, ½ cup of frozen corn, ½ cup of Rotel tomatoes, ½ cup of black olives, half package of taco seasoning, shredded cheese and ¼ cup of water.
4. Slice tops off red bell peppers, reserving tops, and discard pith and seeds. Cover a small baking pan with foil and line peppers inside, cut-side up. Fill peppers with the turkey mixture and sprinkle with parsley. Cover with bell pepper “lids” and bake in a 400-degree oven for 45 minutes.
Instructional video for this Wild Turkey Stuffed Peppers Recipe: