Make delicious stuffed peppers using ground wild turkey with this recipe from Taylor, Mark, Terry and Matt, of Drury’s THIRTEEN and Dream Season: The Journey on Outdoor Channel.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
- ½ pound ground wild turkey
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ cup water, separated
- ½ cup chopped red bell peppers
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup Original Rotel tomatoes
- ½ cup black olives
- Half package taco seasonings
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a pan, combine wild turkey, salt, pepper, ¼ cup of water and cook until water is evaporated, breaking up ground turkey into small pieces.
3. Transfer meat to a bowl, and combine with ½ cup of diced red bell pepper, ½ cup of frozen corn, ½ cup of Rotel tomatoes, ½ cup of black olives, half package of taco seasoning, shredded cheese and ¼ cup of water.
4. Slice tops off red bell peppers, reserving tops, and discard pith and seeds. Cover a small baking pan with foil and line peppers inside, cut-side up. Fill peppers with the turkey mixture and sprinkle with parsley. Cover with bell pepper “lids” and bake in a 400-degree oven for 45 minutes.
Instructional video for this Wild Turkey Stuffed Peppers Recipe: