Treat your family to a hot breakfast by making this wild turkey recipe from Taylor, Mark, Terry and Matt, of Drury’s THIRTEEN and Dream Season: The Journey on Outdoor Channel.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- ½ pound wild ground turkey
- ½ cup water, separated
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup pimiento
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook wild turkey, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of cracked pepper and ¼ cup of water in a pan, breaking up meat into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon. Once most water has evaporated, remove turkey from pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, cook mushrooms, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and ¼ cup of water over medium heat. Cook until most water is evaporated.
4. Lightly whisk 5 eggs in a bowl, and then add 1 teaspoon of cracked pepper, ¼ cup of pimiento, cooked mushrooms, cooked turkey, ½ cup of milk, and ¼ cup of chopped red bell pepper. Spray a square baking dish with cooking spray.
5. Cut off crust from bread and spread butter on both sides. Line the bottom of the baking dish with the bread and pour egg mixture on top. Spread shredded cheese over egg. Cover with foil and bake in a 400-degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes uncovered.