Wild Turkey and Venison Bacon Pizza Recipe
This pizza recipe combines two of the most popular game meats, turkey and venison, to bring you a cheesy, saucy and delicious meal.
February 09, 2018
This Wild Turkey and Venison Bacon Pizza Recipe is brought to you from the hosts of Drury’s THIRTEEN and Dream Season: The Journey.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- ½ pound ground wild turkey
- 1 slice venison bacon, chopped
- ½ cup red peppers, chopped
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- Prepared pizza crust, homemade or store bought
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- To make topping, brown wild turkey meat in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil over medium heat. Next, add venison bacon and cook for 7 minutes. Add 1 more teaspoon of coconut oil, red peppers, garlic powder, mushrooms and sauté. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread pizza sauce onto pizza crust. Add shredded cheese and topping mixture. Bake pizza at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown.