Wild Pork and Beans Recipe
September 19, 2017
Toss the ingredients in a slow cooker and forget about them for a few hours, or use the stovetop method – either way, you'll end up with a hearty and delicious pork stew
The authors of Cooking Big Game, share with us their wild pork and bean recipe.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 2-5 hours
- ½ pound bacon
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 pound wild boar, ground or cubed
- 1 (28-ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chilies
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- In a large stew pot or Dutch oven, brown bacon on medium-high heat. Add onions, cooking until translucent. Add wild boar and lightly brown.
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook 2-5 hours on low heat.
- For the stovetop method, simply add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until meat is tender. Serve with cornbread.