November 11, 2013
Yield: 8 appetizer-size servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons dried onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 24 ounces your favorite salsa verde
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- On medium-high heat, add olive oil to pan. Once hot, add ground venison, onions and a pinch of salt. Let venison cook until brown.
- Drain and rinse the cans of black beans and pour into a crockpot set on low. Add tomatoes and salsa. (I used one 16-ounce jar of Pace Garlic & Lime Verde and 8 ounces of La Victoria Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa Verde, medium heat.) If you want a little more kick, add red pepper flakes.
- Once the venison is browned pour it into the crockpot.
- Finish by adding the last pinch of salt, stir and leave on low for a couple of hours and until ready to serve.
- Scoop into bowls filled with tortilla chips and top with Mexican cheese, avocado, jalapeños and sour cream (or plain greek yogurt).
For more recipes from Julie Golob, visit: http://www.juliegolob.com/