October 25, 2016
- 4-pounds lean pork
- 2-pounds pork fat (from the butcher)
- 3 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 teaspoons sage
- 3 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (or to taste)
Thoroughly chill meat and fat. Using a 1/2 inch cutting blade, run the pork and pork fat separately through the meat grinder and chill again.
Combine all seasonings. Mix the seasonings into the chilled meat and then put through the grinder with a 1/8 inch cutting plate. Mix meat and fat in a bowl and add just enough water to make a soft "dough." Stuff into casings and take care to avoid air bubbles.
For more delicious wild boar recipes, please visit www.MissHomemade.com.