Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ pound skinless, boneless turkey breast
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 green chiles, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 ears freshly shucked yellow corn
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 1 lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Rinse and cover the beans with cold water and then place them in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the beans from the refrigerator and place in a medium sauce pot.
- Bring to a slow simmer over medium heat and cook until soft, about 30-45 minutes. Drain the beans in a colander and set aside to cool.
- Dice the turkey breast into 1 inch cubes and season with the salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the seasoned turkey, garlic and the onions and sautée for 5-6 minutes or until completely white. Add 2 cups of chicken broth, the chiles and spices and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn and half of the cannellini beans. Take the remainder of the cannellini beans and the remainder of the chicken broth and puree together in a blender, add to the chili mixture.
- Bring chili to a simmer and add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Divide the chili among bowls and garnish with the cilantro and tortilla chips.