Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound cooked ground venison
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vodka
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Penne pasta
- Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
- Fresh basil, chopped
- In large skillet, add oil, butter, shallots and garlic. Sauté 3-5 minutes.
- Add vodka to pan and cook until vodka is reduced by half (this takes about 3-5 minutes).
- Add chicken stock and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add cooked venison and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and return to a bubble.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Spoon vodka and venison sauce over cooked penne pasta.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh basil. Serve with crusty bread and salad.
For more recipes from Crush with Lee & Tiffany, visit TheCrush.tv.