Venison Sushi Recipe
There is no better way to serve venison tenderloin than as a sushi appetizer with this simple recipe
Impress your guests with this venison-inspired sushi recipe from Gregg Ritz, Hunt Masters on Outdoor Channel.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 2 cups water (plus extra for rinsing rice)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 6 thinly-sliced strips, seasoned and seared venison loin
- Minced scallions or fresh jalapeño peppers
- Soy sauce, optional
1. Prepare sushi rice according to package directions. Mold into 2-inch long by 1-inch high rectangles.
2. Sear 6 thin-sliced strips of venison loin to medium rare.
3. Place venison strips on top of rice. Top with scallions or jalapeño peppers. Sprinkle with soy sauce if desired. Enjoy!