Venison Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Brad Lockwood shows you how to make terrific stuffed peppers using a Weston stuffer and grinder
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 2 pounds venison meat, trimmed
- Bell peppers
- Banana peppers
- 2 eggs
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup instant rice
- 2 teaspoons Hi Mountain Western Sizzler Steak seasoning
- Marinara sauce
1. Using a knife, remove the stem and seeds from bell and banana peppers.
2. Place the trimmed venison in the grinder and grind two times for a fine cut.
3. Take the ground venison and place it in the mixer. Add 2 eggs, diced onions, bread crumbs, instant rice and Hi Mountain Western Sizzler Steak seasoning. Cover and mix well.
4. Using a sausage stuffer, fill up the bell and banana peppers with the recently mixed ground venison.
5. Add 12 ounces of water to the bottom of the CanCooker. Place the rack on the bottom so the peppers are elevated out of the water and add peppers on top of the rack. Set the burner on low and cook for 45 minutes.
6. While the peppers are cooking, preheat the smoker to 280 degrees and the smoke generator to 20 minutes.
7. Once the peppers are cooked, transfer them to a steam table pan. Cover them in marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Place in smoker for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted .
8. Remove the venison stuffed peppers from the smoker and enjoy.