This Venison Sirloin Steak Recipe is courtesy of The Camo Gourmet.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 pound venison steaks
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup Gewurztraminer or late harvest wine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6-7 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pinch kosher or sea salt
- 1 dash Parsley
- In a medium frying pan over high heat, add olive oil, pepper and venison steaks, turning periodically until oil is almost absorbed.
- Add wine and mushrooms. Reduce heat to half, and cover pan until venison steaks are done rare to rare medium.
- Plate the venison steaks and pour the wine combination from the pan over the meat Serve with pilaf, vegetables, and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.