Venison Roll Ups with Balsamic Glaze Recipe
These venison roll ups with balsamic glaze bare a close resemblance to sashimi, but are created for the meat lover
“This is a healthy, simple and impressive venison dish to serve your guests during the holiday season. Serve alongside mashed potatoes or rice pilaf.”
–Gregg Ritz, host of Hunt Masters
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1-2 pounds of venison loin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
1. To make balsamic glaze, bring balsamic vinegar to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk. Turn heat down and continue whisking until vinegar thickens; this could take up to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely – mixture will thicken further upon cooling.
2. Season and grill venison loin to desired liking. Slice vegetables into 2-inch matchsticks and sauté in butter until soft. Slice venison loin into 6-by-2-inch strips.
3. Place a stack of the vegetables at the end of the backstrap strip and roll up. Secure with a toothpick.
4. Drizzle balsamic glaze on top of venison rolls ups and serve. Enjoy!