January 05, 2018
“This is a healthy, simple and impressive venison dish to serve your guests during the holiday season. Serve alongside mashed potatoes or rice pilaf.”
–Gregg Ritz, host of Hunt Masters on Outdoor Channel
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1-2 pounds of venison loin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- To make balsamic glaze, bring balsamic vinegar to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk. Turn heat down and continue whisking until vinegar thickens; this could take up to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely – mixture will thicken further upon cooling.
- Season and grill venison loin to desired liking. Slice vegetables into 2-inch matchsticks and sauté in butter until soft. Slice venison loin into 6-by-2-inch strips.
- Place a stack of the vegetables at the end of the backstrap strip and roll up. Secure with a toothpick.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze on top of venison rolls ups and serve. Enjoy!