Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5-8 hours
- 2 (10 ¾-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 5 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 3- to 4-pound venison roast
- Spray a large slow cooker with vegetable oil. Add the cream soup, onion soup mix, beef broth, garlic powder, onion powder and parsley together; whisking until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Fold in the mushrooms.
- Place the venison roast into the slow cooker and spoon some of the mixture over the roast. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours (8 hours on low). If the roast is frozen, cook on high for 8 to 10 hours; or until meat falls apart. If you don't have a slow cooker, just bake the roast at 275 degrees for 4 to 5 hours or until tender.
- Serve over buttered noodles, cooked rice, mashed potatoes or bread slices.
For more venison recipes, visit: MissHomemade.com