January 08, 2018
Hal Shaffer, co-host of Greg Zipadelli's Drop Zone on Outdoor Channel, shares with us a simple pizza recipe any venison lover is sure to enjoy.
Yield: 1 large pizza
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Dough or pre-made crust for 1 large pizza
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups ground venison sausage
- ¼ pound sliced venison pepperoni
- Prepare pizza dough or use store-bought crust. Preheat oven according to package or recipe directions.
- Spoon pizza sauce onto the crust, and then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top with venison sausage and sliced venison pepperoni.
- Bake pizza for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown on edges. Cut into eight slices. Enjoy!