Venison Jalapeno-Cheddar Summer Sausage Recipe
Add some variation to your summer venison recipes with some spice
- 3 pounds venison, ground
- 3 tablespoons tender quick
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon homemade garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon homemade onion powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 jalapeno peppers (or to taste), seeded and minced
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix the tender quick, water, mustard seed, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and liquid smoke together in a large bowl until the tender quick is dissolved. Add the ground venison, jalapeno peppers and cheese; mix well. Divide in half and roll into logs. Wrap tightly with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Unwrap the sausage logs and place on the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for a few hours or until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees. Cool to room temperature and dab excess oil. Slice and serve.
For more delicious venison recipes, please visit MissHomemade.com.