December 10, 2020
By Karin Holder
Prep time: 20 minutes + marinating time
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 deer loin
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Splash lemon juice
- Brown sugar
- Slap Ya Mamma seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Sourdough baguette
- Crush garlic
- Horseradish Havarti cheese, sliced thinly
- Green onion, white parts sliced lengthwise
- Marinate a deer loin for 2 hours in 1/3 cup of soy sauce, 1/3 cup of teriyaki, 1/3 cup of Worcestershire sauce, a splash of lemon juice, heaping spoonful of brown sugar and some Slap Ya Momma seasoning.
- After 2 hours, remove the loin from the marinade and allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle loin with salt and pepper, and then spray loin with Pam.
- Prepare grill; a two-zone hot charcoal fire is preferable. Toss applewood onto the fire before cooking. If using wood chips, soak in water for 30 minutes before adding to the heat.
- Sear loin on both sides over direct heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Next, move loin to the indirect heat side of the grill and cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Pull loin off the grill and allow it to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice sourdough baguette into pencil-thin width.
- Heat butter and a lot of crushed garlic, and then slather it onto bread and broil until golden.
- Slice loin thinner than a pencil. Place a very thin slice of horseradish Havarti cheese onto bread, and then the meat (use all the juice), and top with a slice of green onion.