Venison Garlic Bacon Burger Recipe
There's nothing like a juicy venison burger loaded up with thick bacon, melted cheddar cheese and a crisp onion smothered in barbecue sauce
Place the juicy venison burger on your favorite hamburger bun, add a slice of crisp white onion and pour your favorite barbecue sauce all over the top. Squeeze together and enjoy! Serve this venison burger recipe with oven roasted sweet potato fries or onion rings.
Yield: 6 hamburgers
- 1 pound ground venison burger
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 white onion, cut into rings
- 6 slices thick dry cured or peppered bacon
- 6 hamburger buns
1. In a bowl, mix together bacon and garlic venison burger with salt, pepper, barbecue sauce, a whole egg and breadcrumbs. Shape into 6 hamburger patties. Let the meat rest for 15 minutes.
2. Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet until fully cooked. Remove and set aside on a paper towel. Remove 95% of the bacon fat from skillet.
3. Set your oven to broil.
4. Heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter with bacon fat. Place burgers in skillet and cook for approximately 6-7 minutes or until browned. Turn and continue to cook on the other side.
5. Remove from heat. Cut bacon in half and top each hamburger with 2 thick slices, 2 slices of cheddar cheese and some onion. Place cast iron skillet under the broiler until the cheese has melted. Remove from oven.
For more venison recipes, visit NevadaFoodies.com.