Grill Master, Rick Browne teams up with the Executive Chef of Lonesome Dove, Betty Garcia to bring you an old classic with a new twist – enchiladas using venison as a replacement for beef. Top this traditional Mexican delicacy with guacamole, sour cream or your favorite salsa.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 30-45 minutes
- Venison, stew meat
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 onion, diced
- Shredded Cheese
1. Pour the garlic powder, salt, cumin and chili powder onto venison on medium heat, stir and add half the onion.
2. Cook venison until browned.
3. Heat tortillas in frying pan with a little oil to warm and soften them. Remove tortillas from pan.
4. Sprinkle cheese and onion onto center of tortilla, and roll. Repeat. Add rolled tortillas side by side in greased baking dish.
5. Pour venison on top of tortillas and top with cheese and remaining onion. Place in oven on 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.