Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 10 to 12 slices of bread
- 12 eggs
- 2 ½ cups milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 ½ pounds browned and drained venison breakfast sausage
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can of mushrooms drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Cut bread into 1-inch chunks and place in a greased 9x13-inch pan with drained mushrooms and drained venison sausage.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs with 2 cups of milk and ground mustard. Pour mixture over bread, mushrooms, and sausage. Top with 1 cup of shredded cheese (can be refrigerated overnight at this point).
- Mix 1/2 cup of milk with cream of mushroom soup and spread on top of other ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow the dish to sit for 10 minutes before serving.