Venison Egg Bake Recipe
Loaded with eggs, venison sausage, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese, this breakfast recipe from Lee and Tiffany Lakosky is the perfect way to start your day.
December 14, 2017
By Lee and Tiffany Lakosky
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 10 to 12 slices of bread
- 12 eggs
- 2 ½ cups milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 ½ pounds browned and drained venison breakfast sausage
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can of mushrooms drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Cut bread into 1-inch chunks and place in a greased 9x13-inch pan with drained mushrooms and drained venison sausage.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs with 2 cups of milk and ground mustard. Pour mixture over bread, mushrooms, and sausage. Top with 1 cup of shredded cheese (can be refrigerated overnight at this point).
- Mix 1/2 cup of milk with cream of mushroom soup and spread on top of other ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow the dish to sit for 10 minutes before serving.