May 05, 2011
From The Camo Gourmet
- 1 ½ lbs. Venison sirloin, round or chuck, ground
- 4 slices Pancetta or bacon
- 4 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 4 tbsp. garlic herb butter*, sliced
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. course black pepper
- 4 Ciabatta rolls
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- Lettuce, sliced onion, mayonnaise, spicy mustard, pickles
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped parsley, chives, basil, oregano and tarragon
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 8 tbsp. salted butter, soft
Mix the ingredients thoroughly and spoon onto plastic wrap or parchment and roll into a cylinder twisting each end to compact the ingredients. Refrigerate or freeze until firm.
Pre-heat grill. Divide ground venison into 4 equal portions and fill with a patty of garlic butter and season with salt and pepper. Grill bacon or Pancetta 2 -3 minutes each side until golden brown and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Grill burgers, 5-7 minutes each side for medium or an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Slice Ciabatta buns in half and grill cut side 1 minute. Brush cut side with melted garlic butter and set aside. Assemble burger with sliced vegetables and condiments of your choice. Serve with a glass of cold Stella Artois or Sam Adams.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!