Turtle Etouffee Recipe
This recipe puts a spin on your classic etouffee by swapping shellfish for turtle
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 hours
- Olive oil
- 5 pounds of turtle meat, cleaned
- 4 large onions, chopped well
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon homemade Worcestershire sauce
1. Wash and drain the turtle meat. Season with salt and pepper, and brown in olive oil.
2. Put in heavy pot and add all other ingredients. Do not add water or wine.
3. Cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours until meat is tender. Serve with rice.
For more turtle recipes, please visit MissHomemade.com.