- 1/3 cup canola oil, for frying
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2-pound rabbit, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon homemade garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon homemade onion powder
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 2/3 cup cream of coconut
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high. Flour the rabbit pieces and fry until brown. Remove rabbit from pan. Add the onion, garlic and onion powder, green and red bell peppers. Cook until onion is transparent.
Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper, and bring to a boil. Simmer for approximately 2 hours. Remove the rabbit pieces with a slotted spoon, and keep warm.
Turn the heat up to high and boil the liquid until it has reduced by half. Return the rabbit pieces to the pan, and stir in the coconut milk. Cook, stirring gently, until heated through. Serve.
For more delicious rabbit recipes, please visit www.MissHomemade.com.