Benny Spies, former television host of Gun It with Benny Spies on Sportsman Channel, gives you a great recipe for your post-dove hunt.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 20 cleaned dove breasts, separated from the breast plate
- 1 liter lemon-lime soda
- 3 cups soy sauce and/or teriyaki sauce
- 1 pound bacon
- 3 bell peppers
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- Kabob sticks
- Clean dove breasts and separate from the bone. Soak in lemon-lime soda for 8-12 hours. When finished soaking, marinate the meat in teriyaki or soy sauce for 12-16 hours.
- Soak skewers in water for 20-30 minutes to avoid scorching.
- Slice bell peppers and mushrooms to fit the skewers.
- Cut dove breasts into small, 1-inch thick pieces.
- Prepare skewers with vegetables and dove meat. Spiral the bacon slices around each individual skewer, covering the meat and vegetables.
- Place on grill and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until desired doneness.