Tender Venison Chops Recipe
Learn how to cook venison that is tender and flavorful every time
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes
To get rid of the wild taste, you must soak venison in milk or buttermilk overnight in the refrigerator before you cook it. This makes a huge difference in flavor.
- 6 venison chops (¾-inch thick)
- 1 onion, chopped
- Tarragon vinegar
- Dash hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon hot mustard
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Chili sauce
- ½ cup bourbon whiskey
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 zucchinis, cut into sticks
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1. Place chops in a cast iron or heavy skillet and cover with the chopped onion. Add enough tarragon vinegar to cover chops by ¼ inch in the skillet. Simmer until meat is tender.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a shallow pan with oil; set aside.
3. Combine hot sauce, hot mustard, Worcestershire sauce and chili sauce in a separate pan and cook on low heat. Simmer and stir occasionally until sauce is thick. You may add more vinegar or chili sauce if needed.
4. When the sauce is thick enough, spread generously on both sides of chops. Place in the prepared pan and pour bourbon over them. Bake uncovered for 90 minutes. Baste occasionally.
5. Meanwhile, you may grill or sauté the garnish vegetables. Place cooked vegetables on plate and top with cooked chops.
For more venison and wild game recipes, please visit MissHomemade.com.