October 07, 2014
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 3 to 4 pounds lake trout, gutted and scaled
- Instant chicken stuffing
- Lemon juice
- Vegetable oil
- Tin foil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the chicken stuffing according to the package directions.
- Clean lake trout by gutting only – leave the head and tail attached.
- Lay out your tin foil (double up for thickness). Make sure to use enough foil to cover the trout completely when stuffed.
- Lay the trout on the foil and squeeze lemon juice inside the cavity. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill trout with stuffing and drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil around the fish, wrap in foil and seal tightly. Place on grill above open flame for approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove cooked stuffed trout from foil and unwrap. The skin will remove easily.
For more fish recipes, visit: MissHomemade.com