Serves: 4-6 per elk venison loinIngredients:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
- Elk (or deer) venison loin
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh spinach, enough to serve party
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Sliced prosciutto
- Sliced mozzarella cheese
- Cooking twine
1. Butterfly elk backstrap down the middle and pound out flat with a mallet. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. Then sauté spinach with minced garlic in a little bit of oil.
2. Spread spinach mixture onto the flattened backstrap, then layer with prosciutto and mozzarella cheese. Roll and tuck, roll and tuck to make a log. Truss with cooking twine.
3. Prepare grill, preferably charcoal, until it’s good and hot. Sear each side for about 2 minutes for medium rare or cook until desired doneness is reached. Take off grill and let meat rest for 15 minutes. Slice and enjoy!