Stuffed Elk Venison Backstrap with Prosciutto and Mozzarella Recipe
This elk venison backstrap recipe will make your mouth water, it's stuffed with spinach, prosciutto and mozzarella and then grilled until tender and juicy
Serves: 4-6 per elk venison loin
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
- Elk (or deer) venison loin
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh spinach, enough to serve party
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Sliced prosciutto
- Sliced mozzarella cheese
- Cooking twine
1. Butterfly elk backstrap down the middle and pound out flat with a mallet. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. Then sauté spinach with minced garlic in a little bit of oil.
2. Spread spinach mixture onto the flattened backstrap, then layer with prosciutto and mozzarella cheese. Roll and tuck, roll and tuck to make a log. Truss with cooking twine.
3. Prepare grill, preferably charcoal, until it’s good and hot. Sear each side for about 2 minutes for medium rare or cook until desired doneness is reached. Take off grill and let meat rest for 15 minutes. Slice and enjoy!