Spicy Salmon Patties Recipe
This fresh salmon recipe creates a really moist and wonderful treat for everyone
Salmon is an incredibly versatile fish. It's delicious in salads, sandwiches, by itself or in this case ... patty cake form! If you make it for your kids, they won't even have the slightest clue they're eating a "grown-up" dish, packed full of nutrients ... however, you may want to leave out the jalapeño.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 ½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 ounces baby spinach (secret ingredient)
- ½ cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped or sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill (add more for garnish, optional)
- 1 ½ pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup heavy cream, plus 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. In a sauce pan, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until tender. Drain and let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of water in a large skillet. Add the spinach in batches and cook until wilted. Drain, squeeze dry and coarsely chop.
3. To make the sauce, mix mayonnaise, jalapeño and chopped dill together in a bowl. Taste and season with salt. Chill until ready to use.
4. Put the salmon in a food processor and pulse a few times until chopped. Pulse in the heavy cream until incorporated. Add the chopped salmon to the potatoes. Stir in the spinach and minced onion and season with salt. Form into patties.
5. In a large skillet, heat ⅛ inch of oil. Add half of the patties and fry over high heat until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Reduce the heat and cook until well browned, approximately 2 minutes. Turn and cook for 3 minutes, until browned.
6. Repeat with the remaining patties (add more oil to the skillet, if needed). Garnish the patties with dill sprigs and serve with the sauce.
For more salmon recipes, visit MissHomemade.com.