May 16, 2018
Marinated in hot sauce and wrapped in bacon, this duck breast recipe is ideal for the wildfowler who loves their game meat with a spicy kick
By: Chad Belding
Chad Belding, host of The Fowl Life on Outdoor Channel, not only knows the best waterfowl hunting tactics, he also knows how to prepare and cook these game birds to perfection.
Prep time: 10 minutes + marinating
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 duck breasts
- 1 (10-ounce) bottle of Banded Fusion Hot Sauce
- Grill rub
- 8 pieces hickory smoked bacon
- 8 pepperoncini peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese
1. Slice duck breasts in half from the edge. Using a meat mallet, pound each duck breast piece until about 1/4 inch thin.
2. In a plastic bag, marinate duck breasts in hot sauce overnight.
3. Remove each duck breast piece from marinade and place on a tin-foil lined baking sheet. Butterfly each breast so they are ready for the cream cheese filling.
4. Mince the pepperoncini peppers and blend them in with the cream cheese. Place a dollop of this mixture in the center of each butterflied breast and press down.
5. Next, wrap each breast with two pieces of hickory smoked bacon and rub the grill rub seasoning all over the bacon.
6. Grill duck breasts about 5 minutes per side, or until the bacon is crispy and meat is cooked through. Cook time will vary depending on temperature of grill.