Prep time: 8 hours
Cook time: 4 hours
Recommended wood chips/pellets: Hardwood Hickory
- 3 pounds ground venison
- 3 tablespoons Morton Salt Tender Quick
- ½ cup water
- 3 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- When ready to cook, set the smoker temperature to 225 degrees and preheat with lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. The venison mixture should be a little tacky but be careful not to over mix which will result in a tough finished product.
- Place the venison mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap. Roll it up and twist the ends tightly. Transfer to the fridge and let the mixture rest overnight.
- Unwrap the venison sausage and place on a mesh or wire rack.
- Place venison sausage directly on the grill grate and cook for 3-4 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.
- Remove smoked venison sausage from grill and allow to cool at room temperature for 60 minutes.
- When cooled, wrap and keep refrigerated. Enjoy!
For more Traeger recipes, visit: https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes