Smoked Turkey Jerky Recipe
Fire up your smoker because it's time to turn that Spring gobbler harvest into tasty turkey jerky with this recipe from Traeger
Prep time: 12-24 hours
Cook time: 4-6 hours
Recommended wood chips/pellets: Hardwood Cherry
- 3 pound turkey breast
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Clean the turkey breast of all fat and tough tissue. Slice turkey breast into long thin strips. Set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large zip top bag to make marinade; mix well. Add turkey breast strips and mix again. Place zip top bag in a bowl and place in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook to the turkey jerky, set the temperature on your smoker to 180° and preheat with lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Drain the marinade and place the turkey strips directly on the grill grate.
- Let turkey smoke for 4 hours or until the jerky is dry but still pliable.
- Remove turkey jerky from the grill and enjoy immediately or let it air dry over night before storing. Enjoy!
For more Traeger recipes, visit: https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes