If you like corned beef, you will LOVE this Slow Cooker Corned Venison Recipe made with venison roast. It takes a few days to prepare, but so worth it. Cook in slow cooker with cabbage and red potatoes – then make venison corned beef sandwiches the next day. Yum.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 4 to 6 pound venison roast
- 5 tablespoons Tender Quick
- 2 tablespoons homemade brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon bay leaf powder (or crush bay leaves and measure out 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoon homemade garlic powder
1. Mix all ingredients together and rub on roast. Place roast in a resealable bag and place in the refrigerator. Allow to cure 5 days per 2 inches of meat, turning bag once a day. This takes at least 5 to 7 days.
2. When done, rinse off and cook in crock pot until meat falls apart. During the last hour or so of cooking, add cabbage wedges and potatoes.
3. Serve with homemade Thousand Island dressing.
For more venison recipes, visit MissHomemade.com.