Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 6-7 hours
- 4 ½ pound corned beef brisket
- ¼ stick homemade unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups homemade beef broth
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 5 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 large head of cabbage, cut into wedges
- 10 small red potatoes
1. Pour the broth, vinegar and sugar into a bowl. Next, place the brisket in the fluid and spread the butter over the top of the meat that is not in the fluid. Top with the quartered onions. Season with pepper.
2. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 6-7 hours, or until the meat falls apart.
3. Add the vegetables during the last hour or two of cooking. Slice the meat across the grain.
For more cabbage recipes, visit MissHomemade.com.