March 10, 2021
By Raschell Rule
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 6-7 hours
- 4 ½ pound corned beef brisket
- ¼ stick homemade unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups homemade beef broth
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 5 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 large head of cabbage, cut into wedges
- 10 small red potatoes
- Pour the broth, vinegar and sugar into a bowl. Next, place the brisket in the fluid and spread the butter over the top of the meat that is not in the fluid. Top with the quartered onions. Season with pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 6-7 hours, or until the meat falls apart.
- Add the vegetables during the last hour or two of cooking. Slice the meat across the grain.
For more cabbage recipes, visit: MissHomemade.com