November 11, 2016
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds moose stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 packets instant gravy mix
- 2 cups homemade beef broth
- 1 tablespoon homemade brown sugar, packed
- 6 carrots, cut into pieces
- 6 parsnips, cut into pieces
- 2 potatoes, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup peas
In a heavy skillet, heat the oil and brown the moose meat on all sides.
Meanwhile, mix the gravy packets, beef broth and brown sugar together; pour over the browned moose meat. Simmer for 1 hour. Add the vegetables and simmer another 30 to 45 minutes, or when the meat and vegetables are tender.
Serve with a loaf of crusty bread and a salad.
For more delicious moose recipes, please visit www.MissHomemade.com.