December 03, 2019
By Hi Mountain Seasonings
With the holiday season upon us, having a unique and easy go-to appetizer recipe can be a life-saver and a critical time-saver. Hi Mountain Seasonings has just the recipe for you — it's sausage cheese balls.
The combination of ingredients and presentation make this appetizer a great start to any festive holiday meal or party.
Filled with Hi Mountain Seasoning sausage, cheddar cheese, onion, garlic and garnished with three incredible dipping sauces, this appetizer is sure to be a hit.
Whether you are preparing for a holiday party, Christmas Day or a festive New Year’s Eve party, this appetizer should always make an appearance. Be sure to make extra because it will disappear before you know it.
Here is the recipe for your new Go-To Holiday Appetizer:
Sausage Cheese Balls Recipe
Yield: 6 dozen
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Sausage Cheese Balls:
- 2 pounds breakfast sausage raw (Hi Mountain Apple Maple Breakfast Sausage Kit)
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose baking/biscuit mix)
- 4 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Ingredients for Dip:
- Seasoning (We used Hi Mountain Seasonings’ Zesty Western Burger, Chipotle Burger and Pineapple Siracha Bacon seasonings)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon of the seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients for Sausage Cheese Balls in a bowl. Form into 1-inch balls.
- Bake 15 minutes on lightly-sprayed cookie sheet.
- To make the dip, mix all dip ingredients together. Refrigerate dip for 2 hours before serving.
Hi Mountain’s entire line of products, cooking tips, instructional videos and recipes are also available at www.himtnjerky.com. Hi Mountain products also can be found at high-end sporting-goods stores, farm-and-ranch stores and many local grocery stores.