September 27, 2016
- 2 pheasants
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery rib, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup port wine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup homemade chicken broth
- 1 tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a roasting pan with vegetable oil.
Place the vegetables in the bottom of the roasting pan. Brush the pheasant with the melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Truss if necessary and place on top of the vegetables. Roast for approximately 1 hour or until the meat is no longer pink.
Meanwhile, place the chopped apple in a bowl and add sugar, lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Toss well.
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and add the apple. Stir frequently until caramelized and soft; approximately 5 minutes.
When the pheasant is done, transfer to a cutting board and pour the drippings into the saucepan with the caramelized apple. Add the port and the broth and bring to a boil. Drain through a small sieve reserving the liquid.
Add the heavy whipping cream and boil for a couple of minutes. Place the roasted vegetables and pheasant on a serving platter and pour the sauce over all.
For more pheasant recipes, please visit MissHomemade.com.