Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 pound crappie fillets
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper spice
- 2 teaspoons fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle a mixture of the other ingredients on the fillets after lightly coating them with olive oil. Cover and allow to sit in the refrigerator while you fire up the grill.
- Lightly coat the grill or cooking grates with olive or canola oil to help keep the fish from sticking.
- Grill each side for about 2 minutes until the fish begins to flake easily with a fork.