Quick and Crispy Fish Batter Recipe
This Quick and Crispy Fish Batter Recipe tastes awesome on walleye fillets, sauger and saugeye
Don't limit yourself to fish with this Quick and Crispy Fish Batter Recipe! It also tastes great on onion rings and chicken.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 walleye fillets (or nearly any white-fleshed fish)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Slowly add milk and water to the dry mixture and beat until smooth to make batter.
2. Dredge walleye fillets in all-purpose flour first, and then dip fillets in the batter; allowing excess to drip off.
3. Fry fillets in vegetable oil until golden brown on both sides and fish is cooked through.
For more fish recipes, please visit MissHomemade.com.