October 08, 2014
Don't limit yourself to fish with this Quick and Crispy Fish Batter Recipe! It also tastes great on onion rings and chicken.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 walleye fillets (or nearly any white-fleshed fish)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Slowly add milk and water to the dry mixture and beat until smooth to make batter.
2. Dredge walleye fillets in all-purpose flour first, and then dip fillets in the batter; allowing excess to drip off.
3. Fry fillets in vegetable oil until golden brown on both sides and fish is cooked through.
For more fish recipes, please visit MissHomemade.com.