Pheasant and Green Chili Pot Pie Recipe
A unique twist on a traditional pot pie, this Pheasant and Green Chili Pot Pie Recipe is destined to satisfy
September 19, 2017
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 green chilies, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium poblano pepper chopped
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless pheasant breast, diced into ½-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- Heat a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, onion, garlic, chilies, peppers and celery. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Add the diced pheasant and cook until completely cooked, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, cream and spices. Bring the chili to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
Pastry Top Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the puff pastry from the freezer and place on the counter. While frozen cut out 1-inch rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Brush the tops with a mixture of 1 egg and 1 tablespoon milk.
- Place the chili in a casserole dish and top with the puff pastry rounds. Place the chili pot pie in the preheated oven and turn down the heat to 350 degrees.
- Cook the chili for 15 minutes or until the puff pastry rises and turns golden. Serve.