Parmesan Venison Recipe
The crispy, breaded Parmesan venison combined with tomato sauce in this recipe is too good to pass up
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 venison tenderloin
- 1 onion, chopped
- Tomato sauce
- Basil leaves
- Salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- Bread crumbs mixed with Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon water
1. Heat olive oil in skillet and sauté onion.
2. Whilst stirring, add garlic, tomato sauce, basil leaves, 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
3. Heat up olive oil in a separate skillet for the tenderloin.
4. Cut tenderloin into several inch-wide slices. Pound out the slices.
5. Pour flour onto a plate and mix in 1 tablespoon of salt and ½ tablespoon pepper.
6. Crack eggs onto separate plate and add about ½ teaspoon of water on top. Stir.
7. Place individual tenderloin slices into flour and cover each side. Next, place the tenderloins into the egg and lastly cover them with the breadcrumb mixture.
8. Place slices into skillet and leave on each side for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan.
9. Serve venison with tomato sauce. If there are leftovers, freeze them on a sheet pan in the freezer and heat them up in the oven for a quick meal.